Fitters Friend(“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is ePurple Ltd on behalf of Fitters Friend.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is ePurple Ltd.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.aluminiumwindows.co.uk. This includes information that you provide;
- at the time of registering to use our sites;
- subscribing to our services;
- providing, posting or uploading content or material; or
- completing an order or requesting further services.
- We may ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you interact with third party services available through our sites such as surveys, polls or other third party research undertaken with your consent.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of visitor information. The sites automatically log visitor information from which summary statistics are created.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to any of our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our sites.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our sites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our sites and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our sites. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the sites. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the sites, where visitors have come to the sites from and the pages they visited.||2 years
no longer in use
|This cookie is used to collect information about how visitors use our sites. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the sites. The cookie collects information about how visitors use the sites to provide a more personalised service.||1 Year|
|Concrete 5||CONCRETE5||This cookie is set by the CMS (Content Management System) which is what is used to build our website. This cookie is essential for the site to run, and have already been set.||When the browser is closed|
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The search engine on our sites is designed to be as powerful and easy to use as the popular search engine Google. The search is made possible by a piece of hardware (a search ‘appliance’) supplied by Google that is plugged into our server and continuously indexes the content on our sites. All search requests are handled by the appliance and the information is not passed on to any third party, including Google.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our sites.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after see table above.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just ‘browsing’. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also use all reasonable efforts to protect user-information offline. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screensavers when they leave their desks. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to your information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service and on our sites, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service and our sites.
- To use summary statistics to help us make our sites more useful to visitors, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest to visitors, and for other purposes such as determining the sites’ technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- To process any order that you make through the sites.
- To administer any account or user profile you have with us and customise the service we provide to you and other users of the sites.
- To allow you to connect with other users of the DNV Gateway, to enable you to find other users and to allow them to find you on the DNV Gateway.
- To enable you to share your information and communicate with other users of the DNV Gateway, or provide your personal details to third parties offering services through the sites.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. We will not contact you in this manner unless we have your consent. We may obtain your consent when you agree to use our sites or services.
If you do not consent to our use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, the order form, registration form on our sites or refrain from using our sites or parts of them.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Fitters Friend or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Bay F Units B8, Heywood Distribution Park, Heywood, Lancs,OL10 2 TS